Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Hammy

Sweet Rowan. She's such a good baby--at least so far...although I probably just jinxed myself. She's happy and content just to be wrapped up in her little blanket. She naps through all the chaos, and just looks around with those big beautiful eyes when she wakes up. I can't believe how much I already love her. I remember when Adam was born, it felt like he was somebody else's baby for a while, and then one day I realized that he just fit right in with us. Well, Rowan seems like she's been a part of our family from the beginning. It feels like we've been waiting for her ever since Kalena was born, and now all of us are here together....like we've all finally found each other. Complete.

I took her for an ultrasound of her spine yesterday. It was nerve-wracking to say the least, but she did great. Our pediatrician scheduled it when she noticed that she had what they call a sacral dimple. It's like a little hole right at her tailbone, and the dr. was concerned when she couldn't see the bottom of it. Luckily, the ultrasound showed her to be perfect. For some reason, I really wasn't nervous about this at all..I knew she was just fine. Call it mother's intuition, but I'm glad I got the reassurance that I was right and she's okay.

Today while we were in the car after we picked Kalena up from school, Rowan was fussing and Isaac patted her little leg and said, "it's okay little hammy." Little Hammy. It fits her perfectly. Speaking of, Hammy is starting to squirm, so I guess that's my cue to wrap it up.

As a sidenote, in house news, WE GOT OUR CABINETS!!!!! Yeah! I'm so stinkin' excited. We're going to the ranch tomorrow to see them, so I'll post some pics next chance I get!

5 comments:

mp said...

yay for cabinets!!

Ashley said...

AW! Little Hammy is cute! And like Marie said, YAY for cabinets!

Katy said...

Oh what a sweet nickname! So glad to hear that she is such a good baby! So excited for your cabinets - you're getting closer and closer to moving in, and I know you're happy about that! Just be sure to move when it's cool outside - that's my only advice ;)

Julie said...

Little Hammy! Ha!

Erika said...

So happy to hear that the test results came back fine. She sounds so precious.

Cognrats on the cabinets;seems like the house is coming along!

erika