Friday, September 5, 2008

Did you just say Haneycooter?

So we have a new friend here at the Engeling casa. Isaac has dubbed a random little action figure Haneycooter. (It's Roddy from Flushed Away, actually....I think he came in a Wendy's kid's meal.) This is reminiscent of our visit from Handy Carver, but something about Haneycooter is just a little more risque. I can barely keep a straight face when he comes up asking me, "mom, have you seen my Haneycooter?" Right now, he is calling me "mushy" instead of mommy. I admit, my secondborn is a weird little kid. Very weird. There are days I worry that he'll grow up to be that guy...you know, the kid in high school that everybody thinks might secretly be building bombs in his basement because he is so weird. But that kid is usually really gangly and strange-looking, and Isaac isn't particularly oddly shaped, other than his gigantic feet. I guess he could get weird looking later on. Puberty may not be nice to him. Only time will tell.

Also, Kalena has a new imaginary horse. Her name is Scarlett, and Kalena rides her everywhere. EVERYWHERE. All day, when I ask her to do something, before moving, she pulls back her imaginary reins, gives a little whinny and says "Hya Scarlett." Literally every time she enters or leaves a room, she is galloping. It is driving me positively nuts. Last night, I'd had enough and I caught myself saying, "why don't you put Scarlett in her stable now?" And Isaac decided that he needed his own horse to ride around, so he's calling his Artex. Even Adam has started trying to gallop through the house, although he looks more like he's limping on one leg. It's pretty funny.

I sure hope my kids aren't the only ones who come up with random ridiculous words and ride around on imaginary animals. Poor Rowan...she doesn't stand a chance at normalcy with all these looney tunes running around here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love it .. Addison has been Addisony puppy for most of the summer, which makes me Mommy puppy and Alyssa, sissy puppy. He barks, whines and has even mastered scratching like a puppy oh and don't forget the puppy kisses.
Koren

Katy said...

Haha, it sounds like your kiddos definitely keep you entertained! I'm sure Rowan will have her own pet horse someday very soon...

Julie said...

HAHA! Oh the things they do! I am seriously cracking up over Haneycooter though.

Ashley said...

Only Issac would come up with "haneycooter"! I love it! And you know my kid is just as wierd as yours...none of them stand a chance, hahahaha. Just kidding.