Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh, Buttersticks

Isaac: "Mom, you know what buttersticks are? They are in the shape of a circle. But they are all twisted, in the shape of a circle. They are round. And they are sharp like thorns, but not on one end they are not sharp. You can even touch them and they are not sharp on one end. Do you know where you can find them? Probably in a field. " {pause}

"Did you know when I was two I used to be kinda big. But not very big, I don't think I was too big. I used to climb a tree. Want to know where it was? It was right.....there {pointing out the window as we drive by someone's random yard.}"

This is a typical conversation with my 3 year-old. Full of buttersticks....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny, I can hear him saying it as I was reading it!

conates: Some men have cajones while others have conates!!! (bigger) =)

Sandra said...

Wow! I wish they were doing casting for Jerry Maguire all over again, Isaac would get the child role.

mp said...

i can totally here him saying this too in his soft little voice. so cute!

Unknown said...

I was actually thinking of you when I inserted the warning of my massive sentence! =)

consf: how one might spell a sneeze!

Ashley said...

He is too funny...I can totally hear that conversation as yor driving down the road...lol

Erika said...

When he starts making sense to you, then you know you are in need of a spa treatment!

You were right in front of us at the Disney Show. I tried to look for you at the end of the show but that was like fighting a stampede; in the wrong direction.

Courtney said...

Three year olds are CRAZY...Isaac C never ceases to amaze me

Ashley said...

I LOVE your blog! They are hilarious and I always make James read them too. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to be a part of the group again. Just three more months. YAY!!!