Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to you, You live in a zoo....

Happy birthday to David! And Happy New Year, too!

Today David turns the big 3-0. I keep teasing him about his old-man status, but really, he's not old. Our kids have just turned him prematurely grey. I guess he should yell more, like me. Then all that pent-up frustration wouldn't pop out of his head in little grey wisps.

We had Rowan's big appointment yesterday at Scottish Rite in Dallas. I have to say, it was a long, slow ordeal. But after 4 hours of paperwork, in and out of waiting rooms, and x-rays, we got absolutely the best possible news. Her curve is about 20-25 degrees, and all other factors (very specific measurements such as her RVAD, which indicates the amount of rotation to her spine) indicate that she is a good candidate for self-correction. This means that she could very well grow out of her scoliosis. Our doctor is cautious, though, and thankfully doesn't want to wait very long for this to happen. We got back in two months, and if she has progressed at all, we will begin casting at that time. If she's still the same, he's willing to wait until she's 8 months old and then begin casting at that time if she still has not improved. This is definitely the best we could have hoped for, and I know all the prayers coming our way are certainly working!

In other news, our Christmas was great, but grinch that I am..I am so glad it's over. We'll be taking our Christmas tree down this weekend, and boy am I ready to see it go! I have a bunch of pics I need to post of Christmas, so maybe I'll get around to it soon.

10 comments:

Katy said...

Happy bday David!!

So glad that you received the best news possible at your appt. You so have tons of prayers out there!!

mp said...

That's great news Rachel! Thanks for keeping us updated, I was about to call you.

Happy Birthday to David!

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday David!
I am glad Rowan's appointment went well. Our prayers are still with you guys.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday David!

Glad the appt. went so well!

Erika said...

Hurray for Rowen (and for Mommy and Daddy). So glad for you.

I tried to take down Christmas stuff this Sunday, but my hubby is not ready to get the containers out of the attic...I think he will change his mind when his garage is covered with decorations!

mamatoheartbaby said...

Great news about Rowan!!!! Keeping her in our thoughts!!LOL! about your tree I took ours down today. Daddy took the boys sledding and I stripped the tree!!

Unknown said...

Happy Bday David! Casey turns 30 tomorrow (the 4th).

I changed my blog's name by the way, but it shouldn't change your link to it... i don't think so anyway.. let me know.

Soper: Hope David had a Soper Bday!!

Courtney said...

That is great news!! PAt turns the big 30 in feb- it makes me feel old that I can be married to someone that old!!!

Anonymous said...

Huray for Rowan!!!!! makes me feel warm inside that the appt. went so well! AND I CALLED JUST FOR DAVID ON HIS DiRtY 30 day!! :) and whats all this whinning about being married to an old man, mine will be 31 in FEB. I happen to think of it as a turn on!! LMAO :D

Yo SISTA,
PANDA

Julie said...

30 is the new 20! Is that why he shaved, so he could look younger?!