Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oooh, oooh, it's Midnight!

Yes, it's midnight dear friends, and industrious lady that I am, I just finished all three of the kids' Halloween costumes. I gotta say, they are totally rockin' awesome. Kalena is going to be a fairy, Isaac is a ninja and Adam is a rooster. I copped out and bought Rowan a little footie sleeper that's like a little black cat with a pink bow at the neck. I got it at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks. I know, I suck because I didn't make her costume too. Whatever. Next year, I guess I'll be up for 4 costumes. I am so tired of sewing. Mainly because every time I would put some part together, I'd realize I'd done it wrong and have to re-do the whole friggin' thing. And you guys know I'm not a re-doer. I'm a "eh, it's not too busted....it'll be fiiiine" kinda gal. I hate doing things twice. But, for the sake of my kids looking very cool on Halloween (and me getting to say smugly to anyone who asks, "why yes, I made these myself!") I sucked it up and tried (mostly) to get things right. They do look pretty cool! Pictures, you ask? Well, you'll have to wait until it's not midnight! Ashley is so right, I am totally a glutton for punishment! Gee, Rachel, not enough on your plate? Why not heap on some more? But at least I'm done now!

Also, I am feeling tons better. I'm still a bit sore and I can't quite bend over all the way, but it's close. I'm back to doing all my normal stuff. Like running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Ewww, that is such a gross expression, I don't know why I just included it. Maybe because it's midnight and I should totally be in bed.

Rowan goes in for her 2 mo. checkup tomorrow, even though she's already almost 3 mos. old. Sigh. Where has the time gone? She's already 1/4 of the way through her first year! :0 (Aren't those little emoticons so handy? Kinda weird that you can make a face out of punctuation, but they are certainly useful..)

And I double-promise (you can't triple stamp a double stamp!) to get the pics I owe up here....so far, I need: Kalena's b-day, our Sea World trip, and Halloween....and a recent pic of Rowan. Anything else? Didn't think so...so I'm off to bed! Nighty night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!

4 comments:

Katy said...

You are a SUPER MOM sewing all of those costumes....especially recently! You go girl! I aspire to be more like you (really...)

mp said...

And pics of the cabinets with the fresh new stain!!! Geez Rachel!

I can't wait to see your little ones all dolled up :)

Sandra said...

You need to make yourself a super hero costume and call yourself "SUPER MOM!" How you do it all, I don't know.
I am glad you are feeling better though. If you need to pretend you are in pain and want some company call me.

Ashley said...

Yeah, I can see the sleep deprivation starting to show in this blog, hahaha. But I am so glad you got the costumes done! They are adorable! I can't wait to see them all dressed up tomorrow!